Mysterious flyers have begun popping up in Sawtell...
...and the ads on television are nothing but negative...
Because the Nationals have no positive plan for our area, and no achievements to call back on, the only tool they have left in their arsenal is to make personal attacks. And they're using money they receive from mining and gambling companies to do it.
Here’s a run down on some of the things I achieved for my electorate, please feel free to copy and paste these into your own conversations online:
- Over 3 years, I was able to secure $1.2 billion in funding for my electorate and $10bn of investment in regional Australia
- I was able to fast-track the build of the new Pacific Highway between Port Macquarie and Kempsey
- Port Macquarie Base Hospital received a new wing and emergency department at $110m
- Kempsey hospital was completely rebuilt at $80m
- Port Macquarie, Taree and Kempsey received $19m worth of Airport upgrades
- The Manning region received a roads and bridges package
- Bucketts Way, between Gloucester and Taree, was extensively repaired at $19m
- I helped establish the Joint Health Education Facility (now called the Shared Health Research and Education Campus) with $20m of government funding which hosts medical and allied health students from the University of New South Wales, Newcastle University and the North Coast Institute of TAFE
- I facilitated the establishment of a Charles Sturt University campus in Port Macquarie, which will grow from 1000 to 5000 students in the next 5 years
- Wauchope, Bonny Hills and Crescent Head surf clubs were completely rebuilt, and others received upgrades
- I secured funding for Old Bar Beach Sand Replenishment and an off-shore reef study
- I secured funding for the extension of the Port Macquarie indoor stadium (near complete) and a second hockey field in Port Macquarie (to commence building next month)
I’ll leave it there for now.
This election could have been a battle of ideas, a comparison of track records or a discussion for the benefit of the Mid North Coast. Instead we’ve received grubby attack ads and smear campaigns. That’s not what our region needs or wants. Don’t let the Nationals Party scare you out of voting for someone who will fight for your community.
Don’t risk being bullied. Don’t risk being ignored for another 3 years. Vote Community, vote Oakeshott.